Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, October 3, 2008

The economy of jewels

Another pretty flower with unknown name

~*~*~

I’m glad to hear that despite your busy-ness, you are still able to enjoy those special ‘moments’.

Cobwebs are incredibly difficult to photograph – it was lovely to see that one reflected in the light. And I love the morning sun. K would at this point, interject with a smart comment about how I don’t see the morning sun enough to know what it looks like….but that is simply untrue! It is one of my favourite times of the day (when I am up to see it, that is!).

Anyway, your posting yesterday made me think about Robert Louis Stevenson’s words –
The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.”
So since I don’t detect a soon-to-happen change of your schedule, let me instead encourage you to continue live in what Kapka Kassabova (Bulgarian poet) calls “the cherished economy of the moment”!


And now I must away to do some necessary flailing of my own cherished economies on this side of the world!

By the way – 2 updated articles from the Herald on the Good Samaritan, if you are interested.


Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Ange of the North said...

Thank you for those wonderful quotes. I especially love the Stephenson one; it sounds so very biblical! I'm also enjoying the flowers. I only recognize the pansy (sweet purple and white). The others must be very exotic to grow in the southern hemisphere!
xox

Links to Author Profiles