Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Images of Fall - and Other Stuff

We've had a few beautiful days here on the Wet Coast - it's almost enough to make me love fall! Here are some images of Sunday and Monday:


Morning fog on the way to church












Buying apples at the produce market - the smell of all the bins of fresh apples was almost intoxicating!













The maple tree in front of the school is in its glory right now; every day it looks a little different. Pretty soon, all the leaves will be on the ground.





When the children leave at the end of the day, I have a perfect view of the playground from my classroom. Unfortunately, that means that I see the misbehavior, as well as the fun and games, and every so often I must run outside and sort things out!


Dinner tonight was on the run...





And later on, I had an unexpected adventure with the police. It's ok, I was on the right side of the law!






Geese flying south for the winter - do geese fly north Down Under?







Little Bear mowed the lawn for probably the last time this year. It's always sad to say goodbye to the growing season, but I have to keep remembering that it'll come again. After months of darkness...

1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

Love the Fall colours. So what happened with your brush with the law?? And we don't actually have a lot of geese here but the ones we do have tend to look like the typical Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme ones - y'know - white all over and plump...one gets the distinct impression that they wouldn't be able to fly very far! But I think SOME of our birds do fly NORTH for the winter. Not much point flying south here...unless it was to visit the relatives in Antarctica!!!

Links to Author Profiles