Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Monkeying Around

I have come to a mortal realization: I'm getting old.
It was the monkey bars that made the penny drop.
I was watching my students play outside; for some reason, they all wanted to swing on the monkey bars. They went around and around, laughing, climbing, and turning upside down.



That's when I came to the horrible realization.
If I were stranded on a cliff and could save my life by crossing a gulf on monkey bars, I don't think I could do it. I might get a few feet across, and then... I shudder to imagine the scene.

This is not how I used to be. When I was 12, I beat everyone in my class, except one boy, in the flexed arm hang.


It's a sad thing.


1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

I always knew you had hidden talents, Oh Ageless Wonder!

Links to Author Profiles