Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Monday, May 12, 2008

A Giant!

I bet you're really wondering about this giant!
As today is Mothers' Day here in Canada, I thought it would be most appropriate to write about my own mother. And "Mothers' Day" is an awfully dull title. While pondering the topic, I decided that my mum is a giant among women. She's shorter in stature than I am (as you can see in the photo below), but makes up for it in every other way.


This giantess is the one who taught me what it means to be a woman and a mother. I wouldn't have dared go to university if she hadn't encouraged me to push beyond my doubts and fears. She is my cheerleader for growth. She makes everything an adventure. Creativity is her friend and she combines it with hard work to accomplish amazing things. Art is her passion and it shows up everywhere. She is a spiritual warrior, a pioneer, a traveler in the Holy Wild.
I could go on and on about my mum, but instead, I thank her for being my example and my biggest fan in life. I know that I'm who I am because of her.
Happy Mothers' Day, Mum; I love you!
I got up this morning to a lovely card from my husband. And two new beads for my Pandora bracelet! So I went and took a picture of its new look (isn't that always the first thing to do?). Then, just a few minutes ago, the boys staggered out of bed and I got two more!! Now I'll have to take another picture of the newer and even more improved bracelet!


There it is. Wow!
Big Bear and I decided to have some home time this morning, so the boys went off to church by themselves. We (I) have to prepare food for the big Mothers' Day lunch with all my in-laws later today, so it will be nice to have a quiet morning.
To all you Down-Underites, I hope you had a chance to honour your mother yesterday, and to be honoured, if you are one. And to everyone else, Happy Mothers' Day!

1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

Fabulous in all respects! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to a Super Mom herself!

Links to Author Profiles