Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Chattery Weekend Update

Oh, what a lovely weekend!

Mostly.

Yesterday, my lovely friend, Connie, got married. It has been a long, painful road to walk these past years, but Connie is so very courageous. She amazes me with her positive outlook in impossible circumstances. And her laugh is contagious! I thought you may like to see some of the photos, Southern Ange, as you know her, too!


I cried in the wedding when the couple made vows to their "new" children (this is a blended family). Each child got a gold cross to commemorate the occasion. Then each family member took a little jar of coloured sand and they all took turns pouring the sand into a special glass urn to symbolize their new family.

I recently listened to an audion version of Sex God by Rob Bell. It's a fabulous book, and not really about sex, in case you're wondering. Anyway, it talks about how we're all broken people, wounded by life. And yet, we need to pick ourselves up when we're down and choose to love again. It's a risk to offer our hearts when they've been broken to bits and we're afraid to open up again. I wish Connie and Phil God's richest blessings on their marriage, as they both begin again. So much grace.

After the reception (which was really nice; lots of great people at our table!!) , we picked up the boys, who had gone go-carting to celebrate our sweet friend Hannah's 14th birthday.


They had a great time playing games and eating baguettes and several varieties of imported cheese all evening, and it was midnight when we finally got home.


It was difficult to get up for church this morning and the cold I've picked up didn't help. What a relief it was to get home and go back to bed, but I managed to revive enough to get out in the sun in the afternoon.


I have mentally ticked off some items from Friday's list, but there's still one more day - yay! - to finish up. And I also need to take more photos for the rainbow challenge! I'm sure that Jo will come up with some great ones, as she is most likely spending her weekend shopping in Seattle and Portland.


So, blah blah blah. There's my weekend update.

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles