Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Five on Friday

Five Very Important Things in my Kitchen

1. Big Bear's ultra-special coffee machine - coveted for several years, and now that we have it, used daily for lattes. It grinds the beans, steams the milk, and makes all kinds of wonderful noises. If I were a coffee drinker, I would probably appreciate it more, but he loves it enough for both of us!

2. My wonderful blue teapot from Whittard's in Edinburgh - it has a strainer that sits right inside. My tea tastes even better because the pot is so pretty. And it was a heck of a lot cheaper than the big black coffee monstrosity!.

3. Nutella - Little Joe's favorite food! He comes home from school and eats toast and Nutella every day. I'm sure my mum would never have considered buying Nutella when I was growing up!
4. My Riedel stemless wine glasses - My friend Vikki from Yorkshire bought these for me, and I just love them. Wine definitely tastes better! I advise drinking a good red from these glasses every day, because it will help prevent Alzheimers. Kind of like taking vitamins.


5. Mmmm.... My favorite Poulain dark chocolate! It really is good for you, especially with a high cocoa content like 86%. Because it's so 'healthy', I often have a bit before bed. What a treat!

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles