Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wine Tasting

Never before have I sat at a table with six wine glasses in front of me, all containing wine!!
We went to a wine tasting party a couple of evenings ago. How cultured! I was very excited, though I felt somewhat like a neanderthal. I mean, wine is mostly yummy, but I struggle to find those "vanilla notes" and the "full body" that everyone seems to talk about.
The wine of the evening was pinot noir, and we had no idea what was in each glass. Our host briefly told us how to begin and we went to it. To my surprise, it was fun to sniff, taste, contemplate, and describe what we experienced. I found myself tasting black cherry, citrus, dark, and spicy notes in the various wines. As we sipped and compared notes, I noticed that the volume increased and there was more and more laughter in the room!
At long last, the six contenders' identities were revealed and to my delight, one of the favorites was Gravitas 2006 Pinot Noir from Marlborough, NZ! Southern Ange, I think you would have enjoyed sharing the wines (and delicious cheeses) and taking photos of the event. Next time, please join me!

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles