Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, April 25, 2008

Chanter, danser!

I'm so glad today is over!
It's not that it was a bad day; on the contrary, it was a great day. But it was a day of disruption, running around, food preparation, organizing classes, looking after those forgotten details, and other stuff. Oh, and teaching children, too.
This morning we hosted the school grandparents and put on a concert for them. I have been practicing a French song and dance with my grade three classes for the past couple of weeks. Every morning I wake up with it running through my head, and I swear that I can hear it while I sleep. So we finally got to perform it today.
At the end of the afternoon, we had the school Volunteer Tea. Without any tea. Just punch. And since all the elementary classes had already prepared something to perform for the grandparents, we got them up again to do it for the parent volunteers. Might as well kill two birds with one stone!
My students were pretty cute, although it was kind of ragtag. Some of them could barely keep their hands out of their pockets, while others were dancing with gusto. The timing was all random and they forgot some of the words. But those cameras were flashing away and everyone loved it. I think that I loved it the most, because now I won't have to sing it in my sleep anymore! Yay!
If you haven't officially recorded your opinion on the upside down church (see my last post), please do. It's very cool to read everyone's comments! I'll write more about it tomorrow.
I will now take my aching feet to bed.
Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles