Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, April 4, 2008

For real this time...?


I think Autumn has finally decided to grace Down Under with its presence, for real this time! The sun no longer rises at 5am, and the birds now conduct their morning ablutions outside our window, at a more respectable hour. And although today has been fine and clear, the early morning temperatures are definitely on the cool. At 9am this morning, it was a chilly 18 degs C ! Brrrrr. You in the Great White North may snigger! I guess it’s all relative…when the country has had months and months of temperatures in the high 20’s, anything below 20 degs feels like Goose Bump weather! I feel I may not be in shorts and T-shirt for many more weeks...and those beautiful autumnal colours are slowly starting to appear in our flora.

Yesterday, I decided that it was time to blow the cobwebs off our gas fireplace and give it, the first trial run for the year. I flipped all the right knobs, pumped the gas, and pressed all the right buttons…..the pilot light came on (a good sign!), but nothing was firing! I had a sinking feeling as I remembered the number of times we had had to bring the fireplace repairman out to look at this fireplace last year. Feeling dedicated to the cause and somewhat fired up (if you’ll excuse the pun), I phoned the fireplace company ready to show them my ‘firm hand’ if need be. After a relatively brief conversation with the receptionist (who suggested that I turn the switch to “on”!), we now have heat!

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles