Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Outdoor therapy

To celebrate finishing the first draft of my first assignment, I didn't do a whole heap of study at all today. In fact, I think K did more work condensing my report down (into logical, non emotive, male, left brained, cut-out-the-flowers language) than I did all day! Besides which, the resurgence of summer (I don't think we're EVER going to get a proper Autumn this year !!!) meant that it was far too beautiful a day to stay inside for long. So K and I grabbed the opportunity to go for a stroll around the neighbourhood, through some parks, and down to the water. It was good for the soul.
Ange of the North, if you do decide to take on the Primary staff again and do battle, may I suggest that you keep the air ticket you were going to send me to come to your next wine tasting event, and use it yourself to come over here for some neverending summer therapy?! We could even throw in some cafe therapy, music therapy, enforced rest therapy, endless good food&wine therapy, and a few other custom made therapies.....all for FREE!
And I loved the photos of the foreboding skies!! It really makes the Canadian flag stand out. I remember being enthralled with the 'lighting' on those sorts of days too, when we were over there. Absolutely stunning!
In Brisbane, if you saw skies as dark as those, you'd know you were in for a torrential downpour.....and if the skies were black with a green tinge, then you would hope your car was under cover (unless you were keen for your roof and bonnet to be pockmarked from the indentations of zillions of large hailstones!)

NB: Thank you to the helpful music expert who provided the correct answer to my inability to remember names of anything (bands, songs, books, movies, people etc), and who advised that the band which sang the song "We're on the road to nowhere", was in fact "Talking Heads" and not "Crowded House"! (By the way, those band names conjure up similar 'noise' images, don't you think?!....I think I've been studying too hard!)

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles