Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Monday, April 7, 2008

Kindy Screaming

Yesterday, Saturday in the Great White North, we hosted our annual Kindergarten Screening day. All the children who will be starting school in September come for a visit and we do a bit of checking. Not exactly an entrance exam, but we watch for children who have learning issues, shouldn't be in the same class as each other, or may need another year at home before embarking on their scholarly career. All they know is that they come to school, play, and listen to a story!
I have the privilege of indoctrinating all the parents while their children are happily playing. It's actually quite fun, and I get to tell them all the most important things about school: get lots of sleep, play, read, and so on. As I stand there speaking to the crowd of parents, I always wonder who will become part of my life in the future as their children come through my class (That's how I first met Southern Ange, once upon a time!). I really love my school community and it's fun to introduce a whole new batch of families to the school!
We decided that the day was a success. Despite our nickname for the event, there were no screamers and everyone went home happy!

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles