Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Shindig

It's party time at my house! Little Joe invited his grade twelve class to celebrate his seventeenth birthday (which was two weeks ago), and 24 of them filled our not-very-large house with noise and energy!


I realized that, although I'm really old, teenagers are pretty much the same as they were when I was one of them. They still love to laugh and sing and eat. I bought lots of food (thank goodness for Costco!!) and they consumed two lasagnas, a couple of pizzas, and four litres of ice cream. And chips. And drank lots of pop, spilling some of it on the carpet. Oh well.


What was different was the cell phones. Throughout the whole evening, kids have been texting, phoning, and playing games. Interesting. Another difference was all the kids who used a GPS to find our house. Definitely new technology. And Rock Band. I wish we'd had Rock Band in my day!

After a passionate game of team charades (who'd have thought...?), complete with screaming, yelling, and cheering, things turned to Rock Band. Girl bands and boy bands competed to get the most points - I have to say that the boys had it.












At this very moment, many of the kids have gone off into the dark, rainy night, but the boy band plays on. I hold onto the hope of getting to bed by 11pm - not bad for a teenage party!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

snowroses said...

Hello, looks like a great party. Makes us miss our teenage years doesn't it? LOL but I don't really miss mine so much...I had bad zit problems

Links to Author Profiles