Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, March 6, 2009

Death and Destruction

It turned out to be a beautiful day. Love that sun.

I arrived at school this morning to the news that there had been yet another shooting in Vancouver. This time, however, it happened just 2 or 3 blocks from the school. A man was shot as he slept, by someone from outside his home. Who then escaped. There have been 7 shootings in the last 48 hours. Over the past couple of months, it seems like every day there is news of more deaths and attacks. The worst was a young mother who was driving, killed while her 4-year-old son sat in the back seat. Her husband has gang connections, as do most of the people involved in the shootings. They're all killing each other and taking a few innocent people with them.

Weird. I've always felt safe, and I still do, but now when I'm at a strip mall I look at the vehicles driving by and wonder.

The moral of this sad story is - never join a gang. Or marry someone with bad buddies.

1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

I saw the photo of the house and thought that it looked very familiar..and then I saw the address and realised that we would walk past nearly every day! Too close.

Links to Author Profiles