Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birthdays and Baubles

What a relief it is to know that aged persons are well cared for in NZ. That was the one worry that prevented me from booking a ticket. I'll be sure to rush out in the next few days...

I had a lovely birthday. Thank you to everyone who emailed and Facebooked their greetings! I first went out for Dim Sum with my mum (at the Pink Pearl, for locals in the know). Yummy! In the afternoon, I spent a couple of hours wandering along a colourful street, browsing in shops and enjoying the, uh... unique people (Commercial Drive, in case you're wondering).

We met up in the evening with Phil and Christine (Happy 40th, Phil!) and my parents for a picnic at Kitsilano Beach. I love the ocean. It was the perfect evening.








A couple of Phil's police buddies showed up on ATVs, doing "beach patrol". Christine and I almost took an unauthorized ride on one of their machines, and had fun imagining the chase that would ensue! We decided that they're really just out to play, having fun on quads where nobody else is allowed to ride.This morning, I went with Big Bear and Monika to pick out my new baubles - beads for the Pandora bracelet. I got one from each of them, another from the boys, and a fourth one that arrived in a mysterious package from Down Under. Oooh, so exciting! We went to Starbucks, where I thoroughly enjoyed putting them on my bracelet.
All this, to dull the pain of becoming older. I say, bring it on!

1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

So glad you had such a nice day. Someone of your distinction and stage in life, definitely deserves it! Great photos on the beach too. Can just imagine how nice that would've been - one of those spectacular summery evenings in Vancouver, with the fresh sea tang, and good company (and probably good food too!). Lovely!

Links to Author Profiles