Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On friendship


Well, I don't think I'm going to manage to get the rest of the post up on "Wellington" tonight, due to my lack of time today.
I'll try for the "Wellington take two" in the next day or so.
~*~
My son's "best ever" friend has moved schools and location.
In the long run, this will undoubtedly prove to be a wholly beneficial move for him and his family. For the moment though, it is a heart wrenching time.
-
My son (who has been uncharacteristically 'mopey' about school), told us that he doesn't want lots of friends. "I just want my best friend."
-
And today, I heard that J is also suffering.
"I don't want to see L once a month.....I don't want to see L once a week.....I WANT to see him EVERY DAY!"
-
Oh how I can so relate to that.
-
Perhaps though, the boys may one day realise the truth in having such a special friendship :
"How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to"

I would also hope, in time, they might appreciate that...

"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth."
-
Doesn't lessen the ache though.

Links to Author Profiles