Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Whilst cherubs nap...

I was just thinking that I should write the next saga about "Gallivanting around the Nth Island" since I really haven't gotten very far at all...but then, Dr Tea (as she is known) emailed me through a delightful little poem she had written whilst her cherub was asleep. I thought it too good not to include (and thus save myself some writing today!). Thanks Dr Tea!



Gracious does and gracious is

my friend, Ange-by-the-sea

She sympathises with my angst

Re the apostrophe

(see recent British news re the proposed demise of the use of the apostrophe!)

~*~

Ever happy to debate

The syntax that is right

The two of us can natter on

‘til almost mid-of-night

~*~

I told her of my inmost fears

And guilt, a mother’s load -

She laughed and sympathised as one

who’s further down the road

~*~

Reluctant to speak of herself,

But I found out that grey,

Once suppressed by daily plucks,

Is now with her to stay...

('tis true! Alas, the white hairs are now all too visible & drastic action is not far off!)

~*~

She recalled all my gaffes and times

I wish had never been - (just wait till your next important birthday, Dr T!)

But ask her of the Angel’ life

And facts are dreadful’ lean!

(Naturally! What else would you expect from an angel?!)

~*~

I recall other friends who lend

Their gen’rous ears to me

To whom I spill my prattling soul

It seems relentlessly

~*~

I thank you all for hours you’ve giv’n

To soothe this Agent P

Who now will quiet be for once

To write this poetry!


1 comment:

Ange of the North said...

Pencils in the ears - classic!!

Links to Author Profiles