Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, March 28, 2008

Those chipped window frames

Ange of the North...after hearing about your expertise with fixing window frames, I wonder if you could just zip over to NZ to help us with our window frames? One night last week, we happened to notice that someone had tried to jemmy open our bedroom windows, possibly with a screwdriver. I was at the other end of the house at about 9pm the night before, when I heard a series of sharp sounding noises. I got up to check my boys to see if they were having some wild, rabbit-chasing dreams in their sleep...but no, they were sleeping peacefully. So I wandered down to our bedroom and turned the light on. This probably gave the person/people on the other side of the window a bit of a fright, I imagine. After I had returned to the lounge, I heard only one other noise (presumably someone disappearing in a hurry!)....the crime investigator who dusted our windows for fingerprints was great to talk with. He looked at the holes and could tell us exactly how many attempts had been made with each gouge mark! Unfortunately, the only fingerprints were the ones we had left ourselves. Still, he did say, that usually fingerprints were left, only once a burglar had managed to lever open the window - needing their hands to climb in! I'm OK with an unlevered window and no fingerprints...

Once you finish all your painting of your window frames, I reckon you should relax.....a nice soak in the tub with a glass of merlot, some Swiss chocolate, a candle or two, and a good book. In fact, why wait till then? The window frames will keep!

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles