Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Car Doctor

My poor car... After it began hemorrhaging water on Tuesday, we discovered that it had an acute case of radiatoritus and needed surgery. A radiator transplant was successfully performed and recovery was going well. Then as it ran through the final checks before being released, the water pump suddenly ruptured. Oh, well... at least it was already in the hospital!
When I went to pick it up, I had to wait a while - the mechanic had dropped a tool into the engine cavity and couldn't find it. Just like a surgeon! Wandering aimlessly outside the shop, I looked in vain for something beautiful to take pictures of. Nothing. It was a concrete jungle all around. But, I wondered, is it possible that mechanics find tools and grease beautiful? Hmmm.... So, in honour of all those people who love the smell of tires, like to hang out in auto part shops, and have grease stains on their favorite clothes, here are some "beautiful" photos of Bill's mechanic shop.
By the way, the police car was there to get fixed, too. I thought it looked funny with the SUV up on the hoist right above it. Sort of. Okay, I was bored!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The doctor amongst us could appreciate your predilection at the mechanics! Thanks for the laugh (albeit at your expense)!

Links to Author Profiles