Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, March 28, 2008

So This is Spring...

I spotted these grape hyacinths in the school garden this morning when I came in to do some work.

Hail on the deck. There was much more still to come!

The first week of Spring. Sounds nice, and there really have been some pleasant moments. However, let me complain for a moment. I want some sun! Warm sun! I'm getting a little tired of hearing about all the great weather Down Under, while here in the Great White North it still feels suspiciously like winter. Some parts of the country are still snowed under, complete with collapsing roofs!

Grrr. This morning I could see slight traces of blue through the grey clouds, but it was short-lived. For most of the morning, the hail pelted down like pouring rain. I had to shut the bedroom window (in its freshly painted frame!) because of the cold! Yet, in the gardens, there are those little moments of happiness (like the grape hyacinths), and some bushes are sporting fresh, tender, green leaves.

I guess that at this point, I'll have to experience the sun vicariously through Southern Ange. And Little Bear will arrive home from Costa Rica tonight, full of tales of heat and humidity, I'm sure. Maybe I'll cozy up to him and feel the warmth!

1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

Your photos looked even better when enlarged! Lovely. Hellos to Lil Bear from all the Down Under bears...

Links to Author Profiles