Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Monday, May 3, 2010

Ocean ruminations

What a great week you’ve had at school Ange of the North! I would have LOVED to have cruised your corridors – those photos made me feel rather nostalgic! Ocean Week sounded like huge fun and I’m sure the kids learnt a lot! My family enjoyed watching the cool video clip you posted. I had no idea octopi could camouflage themselves so effectively!

I know you’ve finished the week now, but due to a lack of recent photo taking and lack of headspace to ponder the deeper questions of life, I thought I’d share a few ocean-type photos with you…from our trip earlier this year to the Sunshine Coast’s Underwater World.

20100110_2010 Summer hols Sunshine Coast_042_1

 A very cool waterdragon-type seahorse! Isn’t it quaint!

P1160979

Jaws 

20100110_2010 Summer hols Sunshine Coast_064

Brightly coloured coral etc. 

P1160962

 Giant Ray

P1160893

Baby shark growing in a simulated embryo…it was very cool!

And finally, I feel you need a photo of the ocean just to finish off!

20100110_2010 Summer hols Sunshine Coast_079

3 comments:

Ange of the North said...

Thanks so much for posting those photos. I particularly loved the seahorse. Isn't the ocean awesome!! :)

Kerrie said...

Great photos Ange. Boys love going there, the wedding was right beside Underwater world, so we were talking about going again soon. x

Honeymoon bed breakfast said...

These places have got all the beautiful views and wonderful sightseeing with beautiful beaches as well.

Links to Author Profiles