Five Reasons Why Five on Friday was Done on Sunday Instead of Friday
1. Little Bear's Graduation Banquet - on Friday after school, we got all dolled up in our best clothes and went off to the Hilton hotel for a wonderful evening with the grads. I even danced with my son (so fun!). The parents, of course, went home at a more reasonable time (1am) while the kids had another party. Little Bear rolled in just after 3am, and of course, I didn't sleep properly until he was safely ensconced in his little bed. The graduation ceremony will take place on June 26, so until then, he hasn't graduated. In fact, he has a big literature test at school tomorrow!
2. A chiropractor's appointment unwisely scheduled at 8:30 am the next day... My neck is doing so much better now, so I don't need to go again for a month!
3. Bottling two new batches of wine at 10am - we did a cabernet sauvignon merlot, and a "Pacific Quartet"(white) - can't remember the four grapes in it, but I'm so excited to open it up in a month's time!
4. An epic journey - After lunch, I helped drive some of the grad class to a cabin on a lake an hour and a half out of town. The guys were all going to spend the night there, and some of the girls came along for the day. This is the class I was in Costa Rica with last year, and I love these kids dearly. It was lots of fun to hang out with them for a while. But I had a hard time staying alert on the long drive back by myself!
5. A wedding shower for my friend, Vicci, in the evening. I'll be going to her wedding next Saturday. This 24 hour period was much too busy for my liking. I sat in church this morning and couldn't concentrate on anything! Let's hope that next weekend is a little bit calmer!