Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Monday, November 30, 2009

Treasury

This post is kind of a continuation from the previous post. Kind of. Well….it relates to that ‘end of year-ness’ / end of another season kind of thought.

How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.

How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

20091128_Redlands Bay_049a

Last week, several beautiful photos arrived via email from some of our good friends. The photos were of their darling daughter, one of the most gorgeous “Shirley Temple” lookalikes on planet Earth. Actually, miles cuter and way more cherubic, than the original Shirley ever was. It got me thinking about what a TREASURE this wee one is to her parents, in so many ways. And I love the way proud parents (K & I are especially notorious for this….please forgive us world!) send zillions of photos zapping all around the world – a great way of sharing our TREASURE with loved ones.

~*~

Anyway, being a woman and all that, one thought lead to another. I got musing about how quickly time flies, and how important it is to treasure the precious years with your children. They grow so quickly! It only feels like yesterday that my boys were helpless wee babes…and then chubby toddlers…and then starting school. And now, I have one foot dangling vicariously in the High School years…just where have those years gone???!



The end of the school year, always reminds me of the passing of another year for my boys. They are another year older, another school year wiser. And with each year, I see their maturity increasing. The other day as I passed their bedrooms, I paused to treasure the realisation of how their personalities are reflected in the way they keep their rooms. One of my sons has developed into a very tidy young man. His room can be guaranteed to be always, like ALWAYS, immaculate (though this was definitely NOT the way he began!).

P1140944

Next door, the story is less predictable. Usually, the room has a distinctly “Major Work In Progress!” look to it. However, more often in recent days, the room has become a squidgen tidier and the bed making has definitely improved! It has improved so much that I had to take a second look one day, at the transformation… it made me smile and brought that ‘Awwww” to my heart. The impeccably made bed had an important addition to it!

Cuddly is, as cuddly does!

P1140742

And that’s the wonderful thing I guess -

as our kids change, they leave us a treasure trove of memories...

I appreciated the timely reminder to TREASURE the moments, and TREASURE the memories!

P1150128

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles