Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Monday, April 27, 2009

Catching Up

It's been an eventful week!

The best part was the principals' conference I went to in northern Washington state. I like crossing the border; although we're so close to home, it's actually another country, and really feels different. The area around the retreat centre is all farmland and we enjoyed all the barns and animals in the fields. I especially liked this crop...
The retreat centre is amazing; though manicured gardens are not really my style (which is evident if you see my own), all the tulips are beautiful.
We had a whole afternoon to roam; some went shopping at the outlet malls, but after Tony Campolo spoke to us about poverty, consumerism, and other guilt-inducing topics, a group of us went and drank beer instead. Well, actually, we did a scenic tour and stopped at a couple of eclectic places in the middle of nowhere to buy cheese and to taste the local beer. Interesting, but I don't think I would choose to drink it very often.
At the end of the conference, I was left with many thoughts. They all seem to boil down to one personal question: What does it really look like to be a Christian? I think that I've missed it in so many ways, and have been swept along with the cultural version. Much soul-searching to do...

Last night, we had dinner at La Regalade with Brian and Ellen. So good. I had beef short ribs and Big Bear and I shared ratatouille with our dinners. Too bad it's so expensive, or we would be there much more often! Of course, I thought so much of you and the time we were there together....
You must be in Sydney now, Southern Ange. It must be lots of fun. Enjoy yourself with the girls!!
Wish I were there.

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles