Weekends are quite wonderful, especially when accompanied by warm weather, growing gardens, and quiet time.
Here are some tidbits from my weekend:
1. I spent all day on Saturday in front of my computer, working on the school yearbook. Even when we had company in the evening, I sat out on the deck and kept clicking away. Anti-social? Probably!
2. Did you ever watch a flock of birds? They all seem to know just where to go at the right moment. So do teenagers! We had a flock of them on our deck this afternoon. After splashing in the pool for a while, they suddenly migrated to someone else's house (one with a trampoline). And then, without any warning, they migrated back again. You can see the stragglers coming down the street - one on a longboard and two having a swordfight with something long and boingy. Flocks of birds usually have a few stragglers, too.
3. Poppies are mostly finished and irises are in full bloom. I like.
4. Dinner tonight on the deck with company. Cedar planked salmon, grilled zucchini and portobello mushrooms, and chilled white wine. Wish you were here to share it.
5. It's getting dark out and the weekend is over. Where did it go to? The warm weather is going to continue; it'll be roasting in my classroom oven!