Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Friday, February 29, 2008

Feeling francais

The Eiffel Tower, my favorite fleur de lys wall sconce, my French clock... There's something so very elegant et rustique about them. It's like the French language - everything sounds better in French! Even as I teach my little students, I like so much to speak it and to hear them develop their vocabulary.
So, as I prepared to open a can of beans for a quick dinner tonight, I wondered if they would taste better if they were actually feves au lard - bien mijotees! (zut, pas d'accents in this program...) Maybe some herbes de Provence would help even more. Isn't it wonderful to live in the Great White North, where everything is written in two languages!
I was half hoping that just eating such a culturally inspired dinner would send C into paroxisms of French. Dommage....

1 comment:

Southern Ange said...

Vous ai-je dit que vous prenez de bonnes photographies ? Belles photographies!

Links to Author Profiles