By 9:20 this morning I was well into my administration day at school.
It feels good to get so much accomplished in such a short time!
- check on grade three classes, who start swimming lessons this morning: did everyone bring proper outerwear? It's raining hard, and they're walking to the pool, which is about 25 minutes away.
- one class has only one parent coming to help supervise!
- ponder a parent note, which tells me of a child who cried over some lower marks on his report card... did he really think he'd get a good mark on math when he never practiced his multiplication tables???
- watch children race down the hall when the bell rings, and attempt to control their speed
- answer the ringing phone in the office
- discuss the time of an upcoming meeting
- take delivery of a new school banner
- wipe up vomit in the office
- move a pile of boxes that was delivered yesterday