Welcome!

Click on photos - some will open into larger images

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SNOW falls all over NZ!

Snow seems to be the 'hot topic' at the moment with me! You may have heard of the amazing snowstorm that is hitting NZ at the moment. It is surreal! I have never heard of anything like it...even Auckland hasn't had snow for something like 72 years!!! It has brought much of the country to a standstill. I can just imagine the cold....Kiwi houses are NOTHING like North American houses - they are often uninsulated and rarely have double glazing, have no furnaces, and are not really built to keep in the warmth. For those lucky enough to have hung on to their open fireplaces, I hope you are toasting marshmellows and making the most of this once-in-a-lifetime experience! I wish I was there!!!

Check out this clip on the NZ Herald website. It encapsulates the sheer amazement and delight of such a rare and unusual occurrence…..snow in NZ! I laughed to see how some of the kiwis had dressed….definitely NOT used to weather like this! And some were definitely UNimpressed…hehe. Watch this clip – it’s lovely!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/weather/news/video.cfm?c_id=1503080&gal_cid=1503080&gallery_id=120860

No comments:

Links to Author Profiles